Friday, June 13, 2008

programmed-oriented Dakwah? a hope for SRC


Alhamdulillah, just last week the Student Representative Council of IMS Bangalore had successfully organized the first ever Islamic Youth Symposium (IsYS). It is said that this is going to be the template programme for the IMS students in the upcoming years. It is undoubtedly a dakwah programme for the students, aiming in general to gain Islamic awareness amongst the students despite of the busy routine as a medical students.
Again undoubtedly it is a good programme, but yes of course there are yet many rooms to be improved. I am here wanting to raise one concern for all of us to think. Strictly, this is not a critique upon the IsYS programme (why must I critique? I am one of the think tank behind this programme after all hehe).
My concern fall upon the way we perceive dakwah. Must we wait for a programme then only we say we are doing dakwah? Must there be a specific formal programme for us to do dakwah? Isn't dakwah a continuous process? I'm only raising a concern here for all of us to think.
Hopefully those in the SRC realize that as leaders we are the vicegerent of Allah, we replace the duty of the prophets to bring human beings bowing, submitting to the One God. Alhamdulillah and InsyaAllah I am putting my trust to those who lead me. May God always lead you guys and not letting you guys fall astrayed. Ameen.....

.....................................................a hope for a brighter IMS.......................................................................

No comments: