Friday, July 16, 2010

Deciphering Reality of Life

I involved a lot in tarbiyyah programmes. I even lead one usrah group over here. I myself have my own usrah that I attend. Simply put, my life is filled with learning the deen besides learning Medical subjects. It looks idealistic isn’t it? It looks like I’m such a good person. Yeah from outside, it looks like that. That’s how I present myself to the public. I am good at creating an image… but an image is an image. Putting it in physical term, an image is not ‘real’.
So am I real?

I have to admit, not to everybody but myself… that what I projected was really an image. So am I being hypocrite? People say better not involve in tarbiyyah, dakwah etc if you are just a hypocrite.
No… I wouldn’t say that I’m a hypocrite. And I am really not one… Na’uzubillah. So what happen actually?

There’s a simple mistake I did… the failure to put the knowledge into practice. What is Islam all about? What is Qur’an about? What is Sunnah about? These are all nothing but a deen… a way of life. So when I learn one ayat, I should put it into practice. But I did not. I treat the ayat as a mere source of speech so that my presentation in usrah can be more flowery and attractive. It’s a big mistake! I have fractionalized Islam making myself a partial Muslim!
But my dear friends… putting Islam into practice is the real challenge. My failure might also be your failure, the failure to decipher the sea of knowledge in the Qur’an and Sunnah into real daily living.

So how do you know you are actually failing to decipher the knowledge into practive? Into reality of life?

Easy… these might be the indications:

1. You wake up late in the morning
2. You didn’t attend Fajr prayer
3. You didn’t Qur’an that much
4. You didn’t pray in Jamaah

Wait a minute… are all indications about ibadah? No… even more like these:

1. You didn’t keep your room
2. You didn’t finish your homework
3. You didn’t study regularly
4. You spend your time on movies
5. You SMS girls
6. You skip your cooking duty
7. You didn’t attend class

Well… I think I am not a real Muslim yet. If I am real, I’m not just projecting a Muslim image… you know like, beards, ketayap, or in my case usrah, daurah, posting hadith on facebook, posting Muslim news on facebook etc. Being real is to keep check on all the above daily matters. I might be criticizing myself but you… yes you, whoever reading this… you might be one as well.


يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ ادْخُلُواْ فِي السِّلْمِ كَآفَّةً وَلاَ تَتَّبِعُواْ خُطُوَاتِ الشَّيْطَانِ إِنَّهُ لَكُمْ عَدُوٌّ مُّبِينٌ
Ya ayyuha allatheena amanoo odkhuloo fee alssilmi kaffatan wala tattabiAAoo khutuwati alshshaytani innahu lakum AAaduwwun mubeenun
2:208 O ye who believe! Enter into Islam whole-heartedly; and follow not the footsteps of the evil one; for he is to you an avowed enemy

Wallahuallam

No comments: