Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Passion that keeps me alive

Second year is indeed a tough year. In fact the toughest phase of MBBS. The duration is 1 and half years. Besides the para-clinical subjects, we also faced the clinical subjects. Hoho... Para Clinicals: 4 subjects (patho, pharmaco, forensic Medicine and Microb) & Clinical subjects : you name it all... OBG, Medicine, Surgery, Paediatrics, Ophtalmology, Dermatology, ENT, Ortho, ermm..what else? Hohohoho....

Don't freak out.. Im not facing all those clinical subjects in one time... But yeah... I need to study all of them in these 2nd year.. haha...

Weekly, we have seminars, tutorials, tests. At the clinical side, we were being bombarded with questions and questions which... make me feel more stupid day by day... "What? you don't know this thing? Go back and read!!!" A phrase so common on the clinical side.

In addition... I'm dwelling with IMAM and its work, Usrah, Tarbiah programmes to be planned and executed... Am I fretting up? Naah.. These are all part and partial of the process... I'm processing myself into being one Muslim and Mukmin Doctors that can become a central to help changing the paradigm of the society.

So what keeps me up? Lots to study, lots to think about, lots of work to do...What keeps me alive is Passion... Nothing but Passion... My father once told me: "Don't make us, your parents as your source of motivation... that's not the right way... It's not us who are studying.. You don't study for us.. you study for yourself... It's yourself that you want to bring on facing this world... So what brings you forward is your own passion... not us... we'll grow old and die soon. "

Passion... If I loose my passion in a day... I'll drop dead on my bed, become laze and sleep.
Please Allah... grant me this passion everyday.. Ameen

No comments: